Thanks to those who responded to the Antiques Expert Test. For those who didn’t know the answers to the “Common Sense Quiz” they are as follows.
1) The painting that was reported to be painted in 1865 had a light bulb in it. Thomas A. Edison was born in 1847 and he invented the light bulb in 1865. It pays to know your history kids!
2) The signed photograph of George Washington cannot be authentic because the camera was not invented until after George Washington’s death.
3) The coin dated; “52 B. C.” cannot be authentic, since there were no coins dated “B.C.”
4) Herbert Hoover, the 31st President of the U. S. died in 1964. Therefore, the signed cruise ship print dated November 6, 1966 cannot be authentic.
5) The Amelia Earhart authentication letter of the propeller is a fake. Her last name is spelled EARHART, not AIRHART. The letter was dated 5/7/36. Her last “round the world” flight was in 1937. She disappeared during that flight.
If you would like to see more contests and antiques and collectibles puzzlers, let me know!
If you have questions regarding antiques and collectibles let me know. My e-mail and phone number are on this site.